Saturday, December 19, 2009

A beautiful dream

My shadow and I looked in to the azure sky. What a pleasant weather it is!! ‘A perfect weather for the weekend’, I murmured. I was impressed by the august surroundings of the Kovalam beach. It reminds me of my training days some 30 years back in my first job. The slight difference is at that time I was with my friends and now I am with my better half. I always had arcane desire to spend a weekend with my love and here it is. My love was looking at me with an inquisitive mind, but she kept silent and, it was apropos as sometimes eyes say more than the words. We walked for half a kilometer along the beach. The eddy currents of the water touched our feet as if it was trying to rejuvenate us. The tides sometimes ebb and again picked up their temper to the acme. The whole environment was really captivating. We suddenly realized that we came really far and we should get some rest. We sat down by the side of the beach. The sun was about to leave from the daily job, while at the same time the moon took the charge from it. A distant ship was sailing in the vast sea and it seemed to us as if it was trying to find its existence in the sheer vastness. The whole day passed as if like few minutes and we didn’t even realize how it passed. I penned down a few lines on the whole environment. My wife added colour to it. An anecdote of our best anniversary ever in last 30 yrs!

No comments: